Saturday, July 2, 2011

Anchor's Away!

July 4th is almost here and I just put out my USN Flag.  My husband is retired Navy and I like to put out the flag at patriotic holidays.  With that in mind I thought I would post a project that looks like it was inspired by the Navy.  This card was created with a stamp set from the summer mini called "The Open Sea".   I made 30 of these for a card swap I was in.  All that sewing was a bit nuts, but I really liked how it turned out.  This card uses Basic Grey for its base, with Not Quite Navy and Cherry Cobbler around the main image.  I stamped the ship in Basic Grey, then added a bit of Not Quite Navy in the water and Bashful Blue in the sky with an aqua painter.  The background images are embossed with clear embossing powder.  The "net" was made with some bakers twine.  Hope you like it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!