Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glimmer paper medallion

I thought I would see how the glimmer paper worked for the accordion fold medallions.  They look really pretty in real life.  I wish you could see this paper!  It has such a pretty sparkle, without all the mess of glitter.  I did have a harder time making these medallions.  The paper has a very thick  backing, slightly plastic-y feeling.  I made the medallion/ accordion fold rosette/lollies (I have seen so many different names for this) the same way I have in the past, scoring across between each scallop.  Then snip a cut between one scallop to the center.  Fold back and forth.  One one start your folding up, on the second, start your folding down, so that they end up nesting together when you attach them.   These do not want to stay together!  I ended up using sticky strip to get them to stay.   Oh, I should mention that the scallop circles come from the perfect pennants die.  They have that cute little cut out between the scallops that gives them a doily look.  In fact, one of the women at stamp camp Saturday said they might work for snowflakes, which is what inspired me to use the glimmer paper.  Thanks Marirose!   You also need something strong to stick your medallion to your
card.  I used a large circle of sticky strip, which worked perfectly. Then I remembered I had some pop-up glue dots. They also worked great and were a little faster.  I used the stamp set "Perfect Punches" for the image.   This set is great because each image works with a Stampin' Up! punch.  I used my markers to ink up the stamp because I wanted two colors.  The colors I used were Riding Hood Red and Garden Green.  Then just use your scallop circle punch to punch it out and you're good to go. 
This card came together fairly quickly but it really looks great in person.  If you haven't tried Stampin' UP! glimmer paper, I suggest you give it a try.  It comes in red and silver 12 x 12 sheets.  perfect for Christmas and Valentines Day!  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!