Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Fall!

I love fall colors, don't you?  So pretty!  I am working on projects for some upcoming stamp camps and I thought fall would be a great theme.  You may remember a few weeks ago I was struggling to make a masculine card.  Somethings that I think are masculine, my husband tells me still look feminine.  What can I do, I'm a girl.  I like pretty things!  So, I'm hoping that this is masculine enough.  I love that strong tree.  I made the image by using my markers to ink up the stamp, lightest color to darkest color so you don't get Early Espresso in your More Mustard marker (don't you just love those names? too funny).  Once I had the stamp all inked up, I sprayed it with my Stampin' Mist stamp cleaner.  You can use water, I just like the way my Stampin' Mist bottle sprays.   You can also find little spray bottles where they have travel size hairsprays at the grocery store.  As the colors started to run a bit, I  stamped the image onto some watercolor paper.  I really like the look of this.  I finished the card off with some great paper from the Frostwood Lodge designer paper pack. This is a great paper pack with several different wood grains.   For a bit more color on the card base, I punched out a large circle in Cajun Craze and embossed it with the new houndstooth embossing folder.  Houndstooth reminds me of fall for some reason.  The tree is from one of my oldest stamp sets Lovely of a Tree.  An oldy but goodie that is still going strong in the Stampin' Up! catalog.  The "Happy Birthday" is from Curly Cute.  As I typed that I now think maybe I should have used a more masculine font :) 
Colors used: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, and Bravo Burgundy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!