Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Merry Winter

I love this snowman set.  I think it is super cute.   As I try to decide what sort of Christmas card to make for my Christmas card swap, I thought I would make some pretty and some cute.  Here is my "cute".   The set is called "Merry Winter"  and it has those cute little snowmen, the sled, and some little phrases like "love doesn't melt", "snow much fun", "snowy days, frosty nights, warm  hearts", and "merry winter".    So cute!  I decided to make a "JOY FOLD" card.  This style of card opens two ways, sort of like two cards that fold in together, and has a whimsical look to it. I thought it worked well with the fun snowmen.  The card base is Wild Wasabi.  I added texture to the front flap with the new Snow Burst embossing folder.  The other side of the Wild Wasabi card has a piece of Wild Wasabi designer paper in a stripe.  The smaller Real Red card has a strip of Wild Wasabi scalloped paper that I made with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.  I have used this punch like this before and had questions about it because people didnt recognise the tiny scallop.  Thats because I cut the punched strip in half.  I just love that little scallop!
So cute!!   Some other elements that I added are hearts from the Heart to Heart punch, and small oval punch that reads "love doesn't melt".  The oval punch is actually what holds the front card closed.

Finally, here is the inside.  I used a great stamp set called Christmas Greetings.  This is a nice set to have for the insides of cards.  It is nicely priced at only $10.95 and has "Merry Christmas" as well as "May the joy and love you feel this holiday season extend to every day throughout the year."   Very nice.  I hope you enjoyed my "cute" Christmas card.   Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I LOVE your card! I'm planning a Christmas Card Stamp Camp and would LOVE to use this sketch with the Snow Much Fun stamp set. Could you give me the measurements? Is the front green panel half of 5.5"? And what is the measurements of the focal image? Thanks so much for sharing! I just found your blog and I love it!

    Please email me at moot96 AT aol DOT com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!