Friday, October 28, 2011

Delicate Doilys

I am a paper hoarder, who is really trying to stop being a paper hoarder.  This paper though, was the toughest for me to cut up.  I've had it for over four months, but I just couldn't do it.  So today was the day.  I decided to just go ahead and do it!  The Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper comes with two sheets of paper that are made up of 16 connected doilies! How cute is that!!  You can use the doily paper with the doilies intact, or you can cut them apart.  I decided to cut them apart on this card.    In fact, I cut them apart twice.  I cut the large doily, then cut the center out of it as well.  I made this card for a challenge at splitcoaststampers, to make a card using the same shape twice, but in two different sizes.  Here I used the circle doily as my shape.  The flower is from the Friends Never Fade stamp set.  I used Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Wild Wasabi markers to ink the stamp. 


This second card is also for the challenges.  This challenge was for the "Looking Up" challenge.  I choose flying Butterflies as my "up" inspiration.  I used the Scallop Oval die and my Big Shot.  I still had Wild Wasabi and Melon Mambo out, so I decided to keep with those colors for this challenge as well.  I added some pearls to the centers of the butterflies for a little extra pretty.  The Images on this card are from the "Precious Butterflies" Hostess set.  You can earn this set by hosting a party, or attending one of my stamp camps.  I have a punch card for those who purchase at stamp camps, and when your card is filled, you can choose $15.00 in hostess benefits.    If you're in my area, contact me if you would like to attend a stamp camp!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!