Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kindness Matters

I made this card for the "Hope You Can Cling To" campaign at splitcoaststampers.  The name of the set is Kindness Matters, and I think that goes so nicely with this campaign.  The cards made for this campaign go to UT MD Anderson Cancer Center.  Visitors and staff will be able to choose cards to give to patients going through Breast Cancer treatment. I hope that one of my cards adds a bit of brightness to a patients day.

For this card I decided to use a new Embossing Folder.  I bought it the second it was introduced, but then I never used it! Crazy me!  Its so cute.  The folder is part of a set of two folders that make little embossed frames. The set of "Designer Frames" Embossing folders is nicely priced at $8.95 for the pair.   This card uses the oval, and there is also a rectangle frame.  Since I was in an embossing mood, I also broke out my much used Framed Tulips Embossing folder.  To make the texture of these folders really stand out, I used a sponge to antique the raised portions of the images, with Early Espresso ink.   Next I stamped a butterfly from the Kindness Matters set onto a piece of  First Edition Designer Series Paper.  I love the look of the newsprint on my projects so you'll see this paper a lot!  I punched out the image with the Extra-Large Oval punch, which is made to co-ordinate with this embossing frame.  One of the great things about Stampin' Up! is the co-ordination of the products! I love that! I colored the butterfly in with Pretty in Pink, then added highlights with Perfect Plumb.
I then took my sponge and added some ink around the edges of the oval.  I wanted the butterfly to be a little shimmery, without too much glitter, so I grabbed the Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in "Illuminate Top Coat.  This is a product that I've just recently started using.  Its great because it adds a shimmer, but no bulk of glitter, and no mess of glitter.  And sometimes glitter is too much.  I love glitter, but this product is a great addition that I didn't think I needed, but now that I have it, I love it.  And, is easy to apply, like nail polish!  I painted it onto the butterfly image.  Done!
I them put all my pieces together.  I added some Pretty in Pink 1 1/4 inch striped ribbon, gathered at the top with an Antique Brad. I attached my ribbon to a piece of Chocolate Chip Paper with distressed edges.  I used a glue dot, or three, to attach my framed butterfly to the ribbon and Chocolate Chip paper, and put it all on my Crumb Cake base layer.    
 Thanks for stopping by!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!