Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Masculine Card Swap
I wanted a sort of grungy look, so I inked up my paper by rubbing it directly on the ink pad. I then took my middle layer and sprayed it with water and rolled it up into a ball. I used the harlequin background stamp to ink up the background in a tone on tone effect that didn't show up well in my photos. I also added some dimension by stamping other images in versamark ink and embossing with clear embossing powder. I stamped the guitar in Basic Black ink onto River Rock card stock, and cut them out. I stuck the guitar on with a dimensional so it stands a bit off the paper.
There are 8 participants in the swap, so that was a lot of cutting. I once was in a swap with 30 people, and the card I came up with had embossing and cutting and layers and ribbon. I really loved the card so I decided to stick with it, but wow that was a lot to do! 30 cards is not bad, but 30 of the same card with multiple steps, a bit crazy :)
I hope you liked today's project! I'll most likely be in full Christmas mode after today!
Thanks for stopping by!!