Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sparkley Trees

Today's card uses one of my all time favorite stamp sets "Lovely as a Tree".   I think it is one of my oldest sets too!  The wooden block is stained and there is glitter permanently embedded in the rubber, but I will use it every year!  I also added a brand new product to this card, Mica Flakes.  Fun!  The card base is Soft Suede, with accents of Cherry Cobbler.  "Merry Christmas" is from the set "Petite Pairs".  I used a sponge and some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to add a glow to the background of the card.  It really adds to the texture of the embossed paper.  I also added a scrap of Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and an Antique Brad to the top. 
I made a few versions in pink, too!  I will sent these out with my other cards for the Breast Cancer Awareness campaigned I mentioned in previous posts. I actually  had a friend who's family had a flocked pink tree at Christmas.  This was in the '70's, but I have seen some in stores in the past few years.  Not in a house yet though : )  

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!