Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Butterfly Thanks

This card uses two products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog, wait, make that three!  As a long time Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Sale-a-Bration is one of my favorite time of the year.  For those of you who are not familiar with this annual special, Sale-a-Bration is a promotion where you can choose a free product from the special Sale-a-Bration catalog for every $50 you spend.  This card uses the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, the Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, and the Kindness Matters stamp set.  I started out by stamping the butterfly image in basic black on to a scrap of Very Vanilla, then punched that out with the XL Oval punch.  I also stamped a second butterfly, to cut out an layer on top of the first butterfly for some added dimension.  I colored the butterflies with Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Lucky Limeade markers.  I also added some
sponging to the edges of the Very Vanilla oval for a distressed look.  Next I cut a larger oval with my Big Shot and ran it through the Designer Frames Embossing Folder.  To keep the oval in place while embossing,  I added a tiny bit of dotto to the back of my oval (dotto is a repositional adhesive, so good for keeping things in place for just a little time) then placed it in the folder and embossed it.  I then used a sponge and some Chocolate Chip ink to distress the larger Crumb Cake oval.  I also used my distressing tool to ruff up the large oval.    Then I glued the small oval into the large oval.  I used some linen thread to tie the oval onto the Island Indigo background paper, which had been embossed with the Stripes Embossing Folder.  I also added some sponging to the edges of the Island Indigo paper as well.  I used a scrap of Very Vanilla to make the "Thanks" tag, and attached it with a Vintage Trinkets brad.  So, I realize that my Thanks is a bit crooked, I didn't notice it as much in person, but then after I took the pictures, it really stood out.  I decided to say it was part of the shabby chic distressed look of the card :)  
Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!