Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hot or Cold?


I'm not sure which color combination I like best.  I'm leaning towards the cool colors, Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Lucky Limeade, with Basic Grey as a background.   Its rather grey outside today though, so that's probably why I felt compelled to make a version in warmer colors; Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, and Blushing Bride, with an Early Espresso base.  I like the wider ribbon in grey, I didn't have a wider Brown.   Then I thought I would see what it looked like without the ribbon, in case I use this card at an event where I would need to make a lot, like a swap.  I tried strips of paper in matching colors.
I used a corner rounder on just the two corners, across from each other on the white cardstock.  When I made the version with the paper stripes I also used the corner rounder on the base, and I like how that looks.   I also used the 1 inch square punch and the postage stamp punch.
  
Both cards used FREE Sale-A-Bration stamps! gotta love that!  Sale-A-Bration runs through March 31st.  
Thanks for stopping by!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!