Thursday, July 26, 2012

Family frame

I made some home decor projects to show at my My Digital Studio class.  This one was fun and really easy!  I opened up an 8x8 project and then imported one of the premade photo layouts.  These layouts are great and I forget to use them.  They sure made it easy by having the squares all lined up for me.  I just filled them with dsp, and added punch letters.  I resized the bottom two squares into one for my photo.   I was very happy with the end result, but then went to Mydigitalstudio.net to add it to the sample gallery and I saw a baby frame similar to this one, but it was a hybrid project.  A hybrid project, just in case you don't know, is a project that is both digital and real, with real embellishments like ribbons or brads.   My first attempt is below, non hybrid.
To make the hybrid version I printed three copies of the page.  I then cut out the individual squares.  I made real heart punches and cut out letters with my Timeless Type junior letters dies.  Once I had all my layers cut out, I played around with them to decide which ones I wanted to have two layers or one layer.  I popped up the layers with dimensionals.  The letters are also up on dimensionals.  I made some small tags with my jewelry tag punch, added them to the large heart punch with brads from the vintage trinkets embellishments.  I added a small piece of
 crochet trim to the letter L.  You can see the layers better in this close up.  Some of the squares are layered two high, some only one, some are flat.  I then matted the whole thing onto Very Vanilla cardstock, then River Rock, then Basic Black.   This project would be really cute for a baby.  You could spell out a child's name, make it a sports theme, so many possibilities.  I kept it simple by choosing papers from one designer series paper pack, Love letters. Stampin' Up! is great at making things that co-ordinate beautifully together.
Thanks for stopping by today!


1 comment:

  1. I love this.. Great gift idea as well.. What size is the frame & the squares? TFS,Connie

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!