Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pop-Up Posies kit

Well, its been a week!!  I had a brilliant idea to clean out my kitchen on Saturday, because a donation truck is coming on Monday to pick up any unneeded items.  Somehow this turned into going through the craft room too.  Then I decided to change how my colors are organized, since there will be new color families in the new catalog.  Basically I created a HUGE MESS!  I took me until Wednesday to get everything put back together.  But, I am happy with the results, so that's good. 
I was asked to make the "Welcome" kits that get handed out at church.  I've made them before, in the fall and winter.  Here are those pictures.  This time I decided to use flowers to help it feel more springy around here.  I used the Pop-Up Posies designer kit.  This kit is really fun!!  I spent all day making cute flowers. 

You get 9 embossed paper tags, 9 fabric covered brads, tons of paper flowers, some bakers twine, and a stamp that says "just for you".  All for just $12.95.   I will definitely order another one of these kits before the end of the Spring Catalog (May 31st). 
I used the Calypso Coral and Pool Party flowers to make 17 welcome kits!  And, I still had some left over to make this super cute velum bag.




I made 11 like this...












and 6 like this.  I did run out of the pre-cut embossed tags, but I just made some similar ones with my Big Shot and the Labels Collection Framelit Dies.















Then I thought I would design something for next weeks Stamp Camp.   I used Velum paper and the Fancy Favor Die to make this treat holder.  Think how cute this would be at each place setting at a bridal shower or upcoming Mother's Day brunch.  







I used the brand new Simply Scored board to make that cute wavy line at the bottom of the bag. 




















In case you don't recognize it, the top of this bag was made with the Adorning Accents Edgelit Die and the matching Adorning Accents Embossing Folders.  I use small post it's to keep that small Edgelit in place.








I cut all the layers together at the same time.  I used a 5 by 6 piece of paper, folded in half at the 3 inch mark.  I added the Coral layer on top.  I folded the white layer over the top of the bag and closed it with a staple.  Then I covered the staples with Calypso Coral. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!