Thursday, May 2, 2013

What to do with your scraps...

I needed some thank you cards this month and noticed that I had a lot of thin paper scraps laying around.  I was going to make some more of the same cards I made with my thin scraps a few weeks ago (click here to see), but then thought I would try something new.  I saw a few cards with rays of paper on them, and wanted to give that a try.   They were pretty simple and a fun way to use up scraps.





First I cut the strips into wedges.  I just cut from corner to opposite corner. 












I used some grid paper to glue them onto, it just helped me keep them in line. 











I glued the strips down onto the paper. 












Then I cut the edges off.













Here is my finished block.  I layered it onto a piece of Riding Hood Red.  If you want to cover the bottom a bit, if it is not quite perfectly even,  you could add some ribbon. 
I mad the little Thank you with the "A Round Array" Stamp set.  This set is on special right now.  I used it in my last post, but in case you missed it, here are the details...
If you buy the stamps and the punch together, you get 15% off.   Stamp item # 129090 $14.95.    Punch item #129404 $12.95.   Or, buy them together for $23.95  Bundle item #133899.
I layered the tiny scallop with the next size up scallop, 1 1/4 inch, item #127811 for $15.95.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I've shown you some fun ways to use up your small strips of left over paper!                  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!