Monday, June 3, 2013

Beautiful Butterfly "Pin"

Do you browse cards on Pinterest?  I do.  I try to limit myself to once a week though or I would get nothing done.  I needed a cute but simple card for my Retired products garage sale Make-N-Take, so I went to Pinterest for help.  That's were I found this card... by Stamper Kim Singdahlsen.   Super pretty, yet clean and simple.  I wanted to use the new Washi tape, so I changed it up a bit, but the design is basically the same.  I also made a version that used the Scallop Border Punch instead of the big shot, so I would have less to carry to my garage sale.
Here is the card with the scallop punch.



Here are some close ups of the edges. 
 
 




The top layer is popped up with dimensional.   One of the great things about the washi tape is that you don't need extra adhesive to glue it down, and it s very thin and easy to punch and emboss right through the tape.  

Just place the tape directly to the paper.













I used the Adorning Accents Edgelits to cut the end of the cardstock.  I used a small Post-It note to hold the Edgelit in place. 











Pretty!














Next I used the Coordinating Adorning Accents Embossing Folder to add the nice embossed scallop.  I used a Post-It note here as well.













Love it!












You can punch right through the tape too! Keep your pretty punched butterfly and add it to the inside of your card for a nice touch.










I hope you like todays project! 
Thanks for stopping by!


























1 comment:

  1. VERY NICE CARD Beth.....really clean and fresh looking ! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!