Monday, June 10, 2013

fast and easy summer time gift


 


I needed some cute gifts, and I needed several, and I thought these fun summer drinks from Starbucks were a great beginning of summer thank you.  But, I wanted to dress them up, so here is what I came up with.






To Start I made two strips of paper, one 12 by 3 1/2 (score at 4 1/2 and 5 3/4) and the other 3 1/2 by 3 (score at 2 1/4). 
I used these to wrap the box, adhered with just a bit of snail.  I didn't want the box to get torn apart with sticky strip.  I rounded the front corners of the top flap. 










I made the poofy flower by cutting a scallopy circle out of some coffee filters. 












I separated them and flipped some over so that the scallops didn't all line up.












I used a paper piercer to punch two holes in the coffee filters.  I used a dental flosser pick thingy to thread the button and flowers together.  See this post here about the dental flosser pick thingy, love this tip!
























Gather the scallop circles up to the center, then spread them back apart. 












I added some fun banners and the "Thanks" stamp from Fabulous Phrases.  Isn't hat paper cute?  Its new!  It's called Gingham Garden, super pretty!









Some of these were for school and so I added some ribbon to make them look like backpacks.
These are from a recently retired paper. 
























Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!