Monday, July 8, 2013

Super Quick Birthday Bag and Card

I needed a Birthday card for my niece Maggie.  She is not very frilly or girly girl, so I figured that something grungy was in order.  I used the new stamp set, Gorgeous Grunge, to add some background interest to my card, and tone down the cutesy-ness of my cake image. 
First I randomly stamped some images onto the base (River Rock) with Crumb Cake ink.












Next, I added some scraps that I forked into pennants.  I love using strips of paper this way.  I always have strips of paper left over, which I save with the paper packs. 










I used colors from the paper to ink up the cake stamp.  I then attached the cake image with a bit of  Washi Tape.  











I made a matching bag.  Inside the bag is her gift, the new This and That Epic Day Smashbook and matching stickers and Washi tape.  And some cash of course.  What teen age girl doesn't want cash, right?


Thanks for stopping by!
















Gorgeous Grunge item #130517 $17.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!