Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year - New Stamps - New Paper!

Today is the day that the new Spring Mini Catalog begins!  Yea!  This catalog has some really fun new papers, stamps and dies!  Love it!  The first thing I wanted to use was the new Watercolor Wonder paper.  It is just so pretty!  These cards use the new paper as well as a new stamp set called Peaceful Petals. 








This first card uses the Apothecary Framelits Dies to cut out the main image.  I spritzed the main image a bit with water before stamping it onto the paper.  It doesn't show up so much in the photo but you can really see the difference in real life. 












The blurry lines look really nice on the soft watercolor looking paper.















I wanted the leaf to be tucked under the flower a bit, so I used some small Post-It notes to mask the flower before stamping.













I used regular tap water in the spritzers.   The spritzers are sold in pairs for just $2.95 and you can fill them with color or water.  Super fun, lots of bang for the buck.
















The second card uses the same flower and leaf, but with out the spritzing.  I cut them out by hand and popped them up on Dimensionals above the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon.

I used Smokey Slate ink on the Sentiments on both cards, I thought black was too strong for the soft paper.  They are also both mounted on Daffodil Delight Card Stock. 














Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!