Thursday, June 19, 2014

Watercolor meets Regarding Dahlia

I love the big flower in the Regarding Dahlia set.  So big and pretty!  If you follow my blog you also know that I love my Aqua Painters. So, I had to combine the two.
At first look I thought it would be hard to do because the petals of the stamp are somewhat small and there are a lot of them, but I actually found it to be really easy.  Here is what I did.  First I inked up the stamp with Rose Red (I am loving Rose Red with Mossy Meadow by the way!).   I stamped on watercolor paper. 
 I used the slimmer brush and started by coloring in the petals with the lines in them. They end up darker due to the added ink in the petals.  The lines start to blur and that is ok.














Here is the end result.  I sometimes did add some extra ink from the lid of my stamp pad to make some petals a little darker, but mostly I just relied on the ink from the stamped image.  I love the dark and light shades I got with these petals.  Next I sponged the edges with crumb cake and even used the aqua painted and some crumb cake ink to add a bit of shadow around the flower.















I used a post-it note to mask the flower, then stamped the swirls from the "Everything Elenore" set. 

The bumpiness of  the watercolor paper can make stamping tough, but I just went over the swirls with my aqua painter and they ended up looking great!






















I stamped the "Hello, You" onto watercolor paper, and then punched it out with the Artisan Label punch and sponged the edges.  I added some Mossy Meadow Ribbon strips behind the label. 










Hope you like today's card!  And I hope I've inspired you to get out your Aqua Painters!
Thanks for stopping by!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!