Friday, December 12, 2014

Another Many Merry Star

Hi Everyone!  I am still working on the Many Merry Stars kit.  The kit comes with SO MANY!  I was going to post the rest on in one shot when I finished but there are just so many kid things going on at school and church this week, I thought I would get t his cutie up rather than nothing.  I love cardinals, so of course I had to put one in a star.  What do you think?













He is already sitting pretty in my tree.






















I started by assembling half the star, cutting of the front tabs.  Then I stamped the wood grain stamp onto some Kraft card stock in Soft Suede ink.  I then cut out my fence with the word window punch.  I also made a little strip of paper to hold the fence together.  I snipped the rounded tops off of the word window pieces so they would look more fence like.  I use bitty banner punch but you could just snip with scissors.




















To add the fence bridge I just bend the ends down and glued them inside with glue.















To line up the fence posts, I lined them up on the bottom of my grid paper to make sure they were straight, then I placed a post it not on top of them to hold them in place.  I then placed the star on top of them so I know were I needed to fold them. I traced the star to add the fold line.





I folded the fence posts in and added glue to the folded tabs, keeping them on the post it note to hold them were they should be.











I also added glue to the fence bridge, then lowered it all inside.

















 I let it sit for a while and then took off the post-it note. 














 I added a thin line of glue along the edges of the star, then added Cherry Cobbler bakers twine around the edge to give it a more finished look.















 I perched the bird up on the fence and added a bit of dazzling details for snow. 












I hope you like my little cardinal ornament.  I hope to finish the rest of my kit this weekend!










1 comment:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! I love cardinals, too, so was happy to see that sweet bird perched on your very creative fence and star. Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!