Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Lotus Blossom Sale-A-Bration set


Hello everyone!  I thought I would share some of the projects we made at Stamp Camp last weekend.  I was highlighting some of the new Sale-A-Bration products, so of course we needed to use the Lotus Blossom stamp set.   This is a really fun stamp set because it is a layering stamp, also called a "two-step" stamp (although this one has three steps -confussed?)   For the first time Stampin' Up! has also made it even easier to use by adding tabs to line up the stamps, and number order so you know which to go first, then second and third.
You can see the numbers and tabs in this picture. 
















When placing the stamp onto your block, you need to take note of where your tab is pointing.  See how it is pointing up? You then need to make sure that one your next layers, you also point the tab up.   I inked up layer one in Elegant Eggplant.












Here is stamp two.  See how I have the tab pointed straight up?  I then layered the stamp directly on top of the first image.  The photo-polymer stamps are so clear that it really makes lining the images up easy.
For this second layer I also used Elegant Eggplant, but I "stamped off" before stamping it on top of my first layer. Stamping off means that you stamped it lightly onto some scrap paper to remove a little bit of the ink.  This is not necessary with every color, so it's best to make a layer blossom on scrap paper first to see what the layers will look like when finished.







Here are the first two layers.  I was surfing some blogs the other day and found one where the stamper left the image just like this, without adding the third layer.  It looked really pretty so I may need to remember to do that on a future project. 












I used Wisteria Wonder for my third and final layer.  I again made sure that the tab was pointed to the top.













And here is the final Lotus blossom. 
















If you were wondering what that green leaf paper is, it is actually the new Irresistibly Yours Sale-A-Bration paper.  The papers all have an embossed design which resists ink when you add it with a sponge, brayer or spritzer.













You can add multiple colors or create a dark to light Ombre effect.  Best yet, you can make it any color you want!














To add the ruffled ribbon, simply run a strip of red tape - sticky strip, to the back of your cardstock. 










Start by adding your ribbon end pointing in so that you don't see the end on your finished project.



















Then just simply gather and press into the sticky strip.  You will need at least two times the amount of ribbon as your cardstock is long. 












I attached this ribbon/cardstock layer to my project with dimentionals.















You can add some pretty rhinestones or leave the main image alone.  Simple yet pretty. 















Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!