Monday, May 18, 2015

Congratulations card with the Tag Topper Punch

Hello everyone!  It's that time of year again! That time when we need graduation cards!  I decided to use the Bravo stamp set for them this year.  This is a perfect graduation set!
I started with a piece of card stock cut at 4 1/4 by 11 and scored at 1 1/4 and again 6 3/4.  I then cut a piece of Brushed Silver 4 by 5 1/4 and embossed it with the Lucky Stars embossing folder. I then cut a one inch strip off the bottom.  I attached the brushed silver to the basic black leaving a 1/8 in border along the outsides of the card.









The tags are 2 inches wide in order to fit into the tag topper punch.  You need one at 1 inch and one at 4 1/4.  When attaching them to your card use dimensionals so you can slip the ribbon through the holes, or you can add a hole through the card base with a hand held hole punch.

















Add a piece of Whisper White to the inside of the card so you will have a place to write your congratulations.

















You can add ribbon in the school colors if you know them.  I also added a fun tassel.   The tassel is a loop of grosgrain ribbon that has been frayed from the side.  I showed how to do that in a post a few years back, here.   The ribbon from Sale-A-Bration works well, that is what I used here, but the new cotton ribbon does not fray the same way. 









You could also make a tassel with bakers twine.














             You can also leave the tassel off and use the card for other congratulation reasons! 


A few of the products used are being retired at the end of the month.  The Tag Topper punch and brushed silver cardstock are being discontinued so if you like them, now is the time to get them!




Thanks so much for stopping by!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!