Monday, June 8, 2015

A simple treat can't be beat

I like to give out little treats, usually chocolates, in cute wrapping. It is such a nice and simple way to show you care and to say thank you.  One of the quickest container is the Sour Cream container. I haven't gotten a packet of sour cream this way in a very long time, but that is what this shape is called. 








To make this treat holder you need to start with a tube.  You can do an assortment of sizes and a lot of tutorials start with a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 piece of cardstock or DSP, but i decided to go with the paper that was already cut for me in the paper stack, so my container started at 6 x 6.  I used the fun new Cherry on Top designer series paper stack.  The colors are so bright and fun in this stack, great for party favors and treats!
Make your paper into a tube shape and adhere it closed.







Pinch one end of the tube closed and glue it down.









Next, fill your container with your treats.  I have made these many many times and I can't tell you how many times I was doing this sort of assembly line fashion and accidentally closed the container before adding the candy!  So silly. Don't forget to add the candy!






Now pinch the opposite end closed, being sure to pinch in the opposite direction. 

Now you can decorate any way you choose.











I chose to make a flower for my container.  I started with the Pansy Punch because a customer of mine< Hi Claudia, wanted to know if I thought the pansy punch would make a similar flower to the one we made in the spring bouquet class.  The answer is yes Claudia, it does.  I used cardstock here but you can also use the new cotton paper that is in the just released catalog this year.  The cotton paper is like a heavy tissue paper, perfect for flowers.  The cotton paper currently comes in 4 colors, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush, which happen to be the colors in the Cherry on top paper I am using, but I wanted to try the standard cardstock for Claudia's purposes. 






To make the card stock easier to work with I sprayed it a couple times with the Stampin' Mist I keep on my desk.  You can use water too but the Stampin' Mist dries fast, should be sitting right on your desk,  and even has a nice smell :)
















I put them all together with a brad and added a rhinestone to the center. I then crumpled the petals up to the center.















I made this fun little tag with the banner punch and some scrap strips of paper.  I love using up those little skinny strips of paper,  it makes me feel so efficient :)   The sentiments are from the "And many more" stamp set. 















A great thing about the skinny little strips of paper is that they fit nicely into the banner punch for a quick flagged end.  Place the strip in from the back only on one side.











And that's it!  Simple and sweet!













 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!