Thursday, July 30, 2015

Vintage Leaves Convention swap

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing the swap card I made for convention.  The Stampin' Up! convention is a fun time for getting new ideas and one of the best ways is to swap cards.  I joined a swap group and made 20 of these to share.
I used the Vintage Leaves stamp set as the main stamps and Endless thanks for the sentiment.





I started by cutting out of leaf from a piece of Soft Suede cardstock.















Next, I embossed the cardstock with the woodgrain embossing folder, then sponged the cardstock so that the texture really showed nicely.   I then placed the Soft Suede piece over a card base in Very Vanilla so that I would know where to stamp the words "Thankful for you".  I then added some splatter.  I didn't glue it down yet though, I wanted to add dimentionals and twine first.










Next I cut out a lot of leaves!!  I made sure to have a variety on the papers so that I could cut out several of the leaves at one time. The magnetic plate really helps to line the dies up with the stamped images.


After cutting the leaves out, I then sponged the edges.


















I then adhered everything together with dimentionals and glue dots.  I like that the dimentionals make the top layer pop up a bit from the base and add even more depth to the front of the card.














Remember this wreath I shared from a post a couple days back?  It was made from the same stamp set and dies.  Love it!












Here is another wreath from the annual catalog! so pretty!









And here is a sneak peek!  I snapped a picture of a card that was shown up on the big screen at convention.  It shows a new stamp set that was made to go with the leaflet dies.  I love that there is more than one option with these dies.  This set is a little more hand drawn, more artsy and very cute.  






Here is my supply list.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!