Thursday, August 13, 2015

Vintage leaves

I really love the new Vintage Leaves stamp set.  I love the fall, it is my favorite season, so this was one of the first stamps that I bought from the Holiday Catalog. 


















For this card I wanted to use the English Garden Designer Series Paper, and I wanted a slightly watercolor look, to go with the paper. 
I started by inking the stamp up with Old Olive, Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso.  I just pressed the stamp into the pads in different areas so that the leaf was multi hued.









Next I used my Aqua Painter filled with Alcohol.  (91% variety not the 70% in most medicine cabinets.  See this post for details) I keep two sets on Aqua Painters at my desk, one filled with water, one with alcohol.  I mark the alcohol painter with an A so I know which one it is, although you can smell it once you open the cap. 


I used the Old Olive and Mossy Meadows ink pads to paint the leaves.
I used alcohol to paint the leaves because I wanted to use Whisper White paper and water could start to warp and pill the paper unless you use watercolor paper. The alcohol will allow you to get a water color look without ruining the paper.  I painted the leaves imperfectly to get a more hand water colored look.  I then cut the leaves out with the Leaflets framelits dies. 

I hope that you like my card and that you will give painting with alcohol a try. 











Thank you for stopping by!!



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!