Friday, October 16, 2015

Halloween treat holders

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and an avid crafter I have A LOT of little containers that I hang onto because I just know that I can use them for something someday.  You too?  I bet that is a lot of us!  Well I was thinking about my hoard and deciding what to get rid of and what to keep as I think about moving my craft room in the hopefully not too distant future.  I decided to use these little button containers for Halloween this year.
I have a ton of these and they are perfect for filling with little candies or M&M's or what ever, maybe little bat rings and pumpkin erasers?  who knows.


I used the little Jack-o-lantern face from the Sparkly Seasons stamp set.  This is a really fun set by the way.  I plan on making some ballerina cards and nutcracker snow globe shaker cards!
 At first I was stamping the Chevron circle as well as the face, but then I got lazy and started to just use patterned paper.  I didn't want to get too crazy with these as I know they are going to children and may not last long.  









Stampin' Up! thought of everything with this set! They made a cute stem for the pumpkin, and made dies to cut it all out! Yea!  To cut out the circles I used a paper punch since the circle punch fit my button container perfectly!













To finish off the sides of the container I used Washi tape.  You can use scraps of paper or some ribbon as well.   By the way, quick plug...Have you checked out the Clearance Rack? Stampin' UP! has a fun clearance rack at the online store and this is a GREAT place to check for little accents like ribbon and Washi tape.  Even though the types of ribbon may change or the patterns of Washi tape will change from catalog to catalog, the Stampin' Up! colors remain (well except the In-Colors) so that you can still find great accents on sale at the Clearance rack! Check it out!! 


thanks for stopping by!!
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!