Thursday, October 8, 2015

Super Simple Acorn Thanks

Hello Everyone!  I have a super quick thank you to share with you today.  I needed several thank you cards for some online orders and I I wanted something quick.  This card is so simple but I think it is really fun for the season.


I started with the Watercolor thank you stamp.  I love that this is such a nice sized stamp!
I added a strip of paper from "A Walk in the Woods".  I love the fall leaves and colors in this paper!

I punched out Acorns with the Acorn builder punch and stamped the caps with a stamp from the Witching Decor stamp set.  You can use any patter for this, or use the Acorny Thanks stamp set, made for just this purpose.
Next I sponged the acorns with some Soft Suede ink.





















Those of you who have been around Stampin' Up! for a while might be thinking that I have used a discontinued scallop punch to make that cute little scalloped border, but you would be wrong :)
As I made my card I wanted to use the old punch but then I thought, nah, lets see what I can do with the current merchandise and so I came up with this!
I used the largest Square die from the Square collection framelits!!  It was so easy and I cut two out at once.  And, you don't have to keep lining up the punch as you did since it was long enough to make the whole piece at one pass.  I used up some of my scraps too, so that was a plus!


I just added some adhesive to the back of the leaves paper and trimmed the ends.









Thanks for stopping by today!!












Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fantastic tip to use the scallop square for your edging. I agree some days those punches don't line up easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fantastic tip to use the scallop square for your edging. I agree some days those punches don't line up easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the tip! It was a happy find for me as well!

      Delete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!