Thursday, April 21, 2016

Spotlight technique ~ a closer look

Hello everyone.  I had a few emails about about these cards from the On Stage event in Utah, so I thought I would share some more details.
I used the new set called Painter's Pallet.  The set has some paint swooshes and well as an easel, a thumbtack, and some sentiments.
For this card I cut the frame from the easel, and used the thumbtack to "hang" the frame.





I stared by stamping my main image onto Shimmery White cardstock.  Shimmery White can hold up really nicely to watercolor and looks so pretty close up.  I also stamped a Frame onto shimmer white and cut it out.  I used an Exacto Knife to cut out the center, because none of the square framelits fit this set, which was a bit of a bummer.  But, the new squares in the new catalog do!!  So even though you are seeing the circle, square and oval framelits on the retiring list, have no fear, newly configured sets are on the way.  They are really cool because there are now 16 sizes in the circles (8 round, 8 scalloped), 19 in the square set, 15 ovals and 15 hearts!







I placed the piece that was cut away from the frame over the stamped flower to decide what areas to color. I then lightly traced the frame with my pencil.













I used dimentionals to attached the frame on top of the finished image. 














To make the sentiment banner I used a small strip of Shimmery White and clipped a flag with my paper snips.  I them used my Aqua Painter to add color starting at the top and letting the color fade a bit at the bottom. 

















There are so many different stamp sets you can use to get the spotlight effect.  anything that extends outside of the framed image will work.  Hope you think about trying this out when the new catalog goes live and you can order the new Painter's Pallet stamp set.  It was fun to work with.  If you would like to receive a new catalog when they become available, contact me.  To my Stamp Camper goes, don't worry, yours are already on order!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!