Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Ok, just a couple more cards with the Thoughtful Branches set

I saw several fun cards that used the tree from the Thoughtful Branches bundle as coral.  I thought that was a fun idea and I kept meaning to give it a go, but never got around to it.  Yesterday I had a bit of time so I thought I would whip up a couple. 







This first card is very simple. I cut the tree out in Calypso Coral (of course) .  I let the paper from the By The Shore collection do all the work for the background.  It also dictated the rest of the colors for the card.  I used Mint Macaron for the fish and Dapper Denim on the sentiment. 















This next card had a few more steps and if I had more time I would have done a little more on the details, maybe sponge the background, add more coral, cut out shells or something.   I really wanted to post the idea though and since today is the last day to get the Thoughtful Branches Bundle, I decided to just post it as is. 














The card has a fun clear panel that exposes a little bit of the fun detail to the inside. I saw this idea on Pinterest.  I sure have been talking a lot about Pinterest lately :)











To sponge the inside I used some Post-it notes to mask off the area I wanted to stamp.












The base is a standard size, but I cut out a strip from the front and added a window sheet behind it. I then added some cardstock embossed with the Seaside Textured embossing folder.












This last card was inspired by a card from Mary Fish, you can see her card here.

The Happy Halloween and bat are from a set that will be released on Thursday called Spooky Fun.
















Stampin' Up! has said that they still have a little bit of stock left on the Thoughtful Branches Bundle and sill continue to sell it for a few more days.  After the stock is depleted the set will be retired.  I think this is a really fun and versatile product and I know you are going to love it.
Since I wont be showing it at classes once it's retired I will send out the samples I have been making to anyone who places an order for this bundle today and through the rest of the week.  I will send out a few to each, if there was one you wanted let me know.
 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!