Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Simple Joys

Hi everyone.  Today I wanted to share yet another card made with the Christmas Pines stamp set. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, this set is on Sale right now at 25% off and it is a great Christmas set.  Check yesterday's post for a complete list of all the sets that are on sale for November.
I love the variety of sentiment stamps that can be used on the insides and outsides of your cards, as well as the pretty images, such as the pine branches and pine cones. 
For this card I paired the stamp set and the coordinating dies.  The die set has three sizes of pine branches so you can cut multiples at once.
I also used the new Cable knit Dynamic embossing folder.  This new folder is called "Dynamic" because is embosses a deeper image into the paper, almost giving it a 3D effect.  Watch for a new "Dynamic" folder in upcoming publications!!
With this folder you only use one of the plexi plates because the folder is much thicker.


                              Check out this video for tips on how to use this embossing folder.






I used markers to ink up my sentiment stamp so that I could get two colors.  Did you notice that in the Holiday Catalog you can get two packs of markers in select Holiday colors?  I used the Garden Green/Cherry Cobbler combo pack for this card.  I also used some gold accents in the epoxy heart sticker and gold bakers twine. 







Since Cherry Cobbler is a dark color, I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock to the inside of the card, attached with some Washi Tape.  Attaching the greeting with Washi Tape lets your recipient use the card again because they can just take that piece out. It may seem odd to want to let your recipient give your card away but I like the idea of spreading the cheer. 

I hope you liked today 's project.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions !
Thanks for stopping by today!



Product List




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!