Saturday, November 12, 2016

Triangle Treat Boxes

Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to share a project that I made for the OnStage Stampin' Up! event display.  It was a cute party hat box.  I also changed it up a bit for Christmas and so I thought I would share them both with you.
 The new Designer Series Paper that I was given to make displays with was called Party Animal and it features all sorts of fun animals wearing cute party hats.  The paper reminded me of this box that I made several years ago and so I decided to make another one.  It is a really simple box and I hope that you will give it a try.
Here is another version that I made for Christmas, right around the corner!!   This tree box was made with the Tin of Tags stamp set, which is currently on sale as part of the Stitched from the Heart promotion!  You can see the 25% off stamps here.












The box starts with a sheet of cardstock 8 1/2 by 11 inches.  Score the cardstock at 5 1/2 and then cut at 4 1/4.  This will give you the bases for 2 boxes. 














Next, make a mark at the center of the top and bottom with a pencil.  Then score a line from the top center mark to the center score line you made at the beginning. Do this on all four sides and you will get a result such as this to the left.
Fold all your score lines to form your box.










Fold up your box and punch holes in the sides with a hole punch, then thread ribbon through the holes as shown.  Fill and then tie closed.

Now you can decorate the box any way you like.














This is a box made the same way, but starting with a box base of 8 1/2 by 4 1/2. 






You can come up with so many great ways to decorate your box.  Check out the 25% off stamp sets! They are on sale through November!

You can see the selection here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Here is the supply list for the Tree boxes.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!