Friday, February 3, 2017

Framelits as Stencils ~ Water Color techniques



Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to show you some fun cards that I made using a Framelit as a stencil. 
I started by choosing a Framelit and tracing it with a thin Sharpie marker.  You need to use a Sharpie or other water proof marker so that the outline doesn't bleed when you start to paint.  I made a video showing how to overlay the colors with an Aqua Painter in a way that still allows you to see the different shades without the colors becoming muddy or bleeding too much. 


In this version, rather than painting the hearts with a solid color, I used markers to add patterns to the hearts, then used the Aqua Painter on the marker areas to intentionally bleed the colors and patterns. There is a quick video on how to do that. 


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you enjoyed today's projects.  I would love to be your demonstrator and help you with any of your stamping questions. You can contact me at bethrush@issinternet.com.  Be sure to click on my Frequent buyer tab under the blog header to download my purchase tracker and learn how to earn some freebies.  And speaking of freebies, right now Stampin' Up! is one month into it's annual Sale-a-Bration!  During Sale-a-Bration Stampin' Up! puts out a mini catalog of exclusive items that you can choose from with every $50 you spend (U.S.)I have the catalog in the side bar of this blog, so you can see what stamps and other offerings you can earn for FREE right now.  And as always, I will send you a hand stamped thank you for your purchase, and during Sale-a-Bration, I am sending you 5!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!