Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Now that is a lot of Paper Cuts!

Hi Everyone!  This is not a stamping post, but as it was a paper craft I completed recently, I thought I would share it. 
I recently went to an exhibit at the Field Museum called "City Windows".  The exhibit featured work by the artist Professor Qiao Xiaoguang.  His artwork is made entirely of cuts in Black paper, and they are huge!  I really liked the things I saw and decided to give it a try, although on a much smaller and more simple scale. This is my simple version.  I wanted to make this for  my dad's birthday, as his company was responsible for bringing some of Chicago's great landmarks to the city, such as Cloud Gate (better know as 'The Bean') and the Ledge at Willis Tower. 






I started by drawing out what I wanted to make, this was the longest part of the project.



Then I started cutting, mostly with an Exacto knife.





Once everything was cut out I mounted it onto White cardstock and framed it. 
I had planned on a lot more detail in the buildings and I messed up too many times, so I simplified it more. 
Not as stunning as Professor Qiao Xiaoguang, but not too bad for a first attempt. 






Some of this artwork is featured in the O'Hare Airport, look for it next time you fly! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed with both of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Deanna. His works were amazing in real life, so much bigger than you can see in the pictures.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You are amazing! That is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!