Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Adding Shading to stamped images with the Water color pencils

Hi everyone!  I just love the new Watercolor Pencils that were introduced in the Occasions catalog!  I use them so much!  They are so fun and can be used on a variety of techniques.  These cards show how to use the pencils to add shading to your stamped images to make them really beautiful with added dimension.















I made a video for those of you who like to see things step by step. 



I first stamped my image with Pink Pirouette on the flower and Pear Pizzazz on the leaves.  Then I added the shading with the Melon Mambo and Old Olive pencils, then used a Blender Pen to blend the shading to the petals and soften the pencil.
I stamped onto Shimmery White card so that it would hold up to the Blender Pens.













In order to not stamp the leaves on the petals, I created a mask with a post it note and the Stylish Stem dies that coordinate with the stamp set.















This card uses a card base of Tip Top Taupe. I used a Gingham patterned paper from the Succulent Garden Designer Series paper pack. The Brown is Early Espresso.  I added a fun bow with some linen thread.




Product List





This card is basically the same but with a background made from a Thick Whisper White







Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!