Monday, June 26, 2017

Doily Mask Watercoloring

Hi Everyone!  Today I have a project to share based on a viewer request.  A couple years ago I made a card like this (here is that post) and recently I was asked for some instruction.  I was undecided as to what to blog about next, so I decided to go ahead and remake that card using some newer products. 
These cards both use doilies as a stencil, and an Aqua Painter to add the ink, giving the backgrounds a fun almost tie dye look. 
I used the new Berry Burst, Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist colors, a new favorite combination.






This first card uses the whole doily as a stencil. 
The Thank You is from the Thankful Thoughts stamp set.  Ribbon is the Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon.







On this second card, I only applied ink to the edges of the doily.  The Paintbrush stamp and sentiment are from the Crafting Forever stamp set.
Ribbon is the Berry Burst and Fresh Fig 1/2 inch Finely Woven Ribbon.








When you are finished using your doily as a mask, you can then use it as an embellishment!  The background here is made with the Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I added some bits of Gold Glimmer paper and Ribbon accents.















I made a quick video to show you step by step how to do this technique. Check it out!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!