Tuesday, December 26, 2017

One Event Scrapbook

Hi Everyone! I wanted to share a quick post today of one of the gifts I made this Christmas. My family took a trip this summer to Sister Bay Wisconsin with my parents, my sister and her family, and my brother and his family.  It was a group trip to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  Sister Bay was chosen as it was were my parents had their honeymoon, and because it has been a family holiday spot for several generations.

I complied photos from all 4 groups, because while we did a lot of things together we also did things in smaller groups during the week.  I printed out the photos 4 each and made 4 scrapbooks, one for each household. 
This was the cover, pretty simple, made with the Large Letter Framelits and Adhesive sheets.
I made a bow with some discontinued ribbon in Lost Lagoon as it matched my mom's decor.



This was the inside opening page.  I copied the idea from Tami Hewlett.  You can see her post here. http://swimminginstamps.com/gone-fishing-gdp103/
Tami and I used to do a digital scrapbooking blog hop together, Hi Tami!!












The inside uses pocket pages and I wont show you all of those as they are filled with photos by others and of others who may not want to be online, but it was a fun project to put together and I think using these smaller 6 x 8 books is a great idea for a single occasion book, such as a family vacation or a wedding, reunion, or whatever event you are celebrating.  I filled in the pockets with lots and lots of photos and gave each family an assortment of Memories and More cards so that they could write down their own thoughts and memories in the spaces I provided.   I also included a page with a few photos from when my grandmother and her family were vacationing there in the 1940's.


Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!