Sunday, August 26, 2018

Artfully Folded and How to make a paper crane

 Hi Everyone!  Today I made this fun card for a dear lady who is having a bad month health wise.  Her name is Margarete and she was my Sunday School Teacher 40 years ago when I was 8, and she once taught my sister and I how to make these paper cranes.  I think it was supposed to be a dove from the story of John the Baptiste, or something along those lines.  She would also make them when the grown ups were having a meeting and she would keep the kids entertained with these and homemade play-dough and all sorts of things.  She is a crafter! She sews and crochets and the whole nine yards, but she doesn't stamp that I know of.   Every so often she helps me out now when I am doing some kid crafty thing at church and she will ask me if I remember when she taught me one thing or another.  She almost always mentions the cranes, and she love to tell the kids in the class that she was my teacher when I was their age.   I wanted to make her a card to say that I was thinking about her an wishing her well and I was looking at some of my stamp sets and trying to think which to use, maybe Healing Hugs or Dandelion Wishes, but then I saw this and I just knew I had to use it.  This says Miss Margarete.


Here is the inside.  Isn't that fun?  I made a mini paper crane to hang in the circle cut out. It folds flat nicely and so it will be easy to mail!
I know she will be tickled when she gets it.







I made a how to video for the card as well as the paper crane.

 The Artfully Folded stamp set is a host set, which means it can't just be bought outright, it needs to be earned with a $150 order. But maybe that is not in the cards for you, you might like to spread your purchases out a bit I get that. So, I share my host rewards with you thought my Frequent Buyer Rewards program.  Earn points over time and then choose this, or another set, with your rewards.  You can learn about the program by clicking the tab under my blog header.
I am writing up some written instructions and I will add them here when I get them completed.
 https://issinternet-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/p/bethrush/EYdUcZiI_FFCn3l-GTG_XjkBIhv9m9cTPyGtR0xgBzw5Kg?e=ZaaaZl


 Bonus days only have a few more days to go! Earn a $5 coupon for every $50 you spend in August, use the coupons in September!
Watercolor Pencil assortment 2 only available until August 31st, then you would have to wait until next year! Yikes! These colors are gorgeous for fall, get them while you can! item number 149014  $12.50 for the set. 
















Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!