Saturday, August 18, 2018

Free Cake!

Who doesn't love Free Cake?  Actually my husband and my daughter are not so into cake, they prefer pie or ice cream, crazy people. I love a good cake.  Anyway, have you noticed the set "Free Cake" in the annual catalog?  I think it is a super fun stamp set.  And at my age, the 'you're not old, you're retro' sentiment is actually quite fitting.  The music of the eighties and clothes and all of that are all considered 'retro' not.






I loved the card sample in the catalog and based this card for my Card Buffet on that.















I created the brick background with versamark, white embossing powder and the decorative masks.   I made a video how to for this below.












After Card Buffet was over I had a couple kits left over so I decided to make them up using all the same supplies, but this time using the cake from the stamp set.  I love the 'Yay, Free Cake... I mean, Happy Birthday."  too funny. 










I did not use the brick wall on this one, because I wanted quicker, so I embossed the background with the Sparkle Embossing folder.  I used Gold Embossing power on the 'light' coming off the candles, and Wink of Stella over the cake image to give it a little shimmer.

















Don't forget, Bonus days are going on!  Spend $50 and get a $5 to spend next month on items from the new Holiday mini catalog! (well, you can use the coupon on anything, but that new catalog is loaded with greatness I assure you!)
And, Beth's Paper Cuts special, buy an ink pad and get the refill for just $1.00.  Contact me for how to do that!   bethrush@issinternet.com

Product List



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!