Sunday, September 30, 2018

Still Night w/ Sponged Spotlight Sky

Hi Everyone Last week I did a class on using sponges and this is one of the cards that we made.  It uses the Still Night stamp set that is new in the Holiday Catalog.  I just love that owl, I was drawn to it right away when I flipped through the catalog for the first time.  I used to have several little stuffed animal owls when I was little. I'm not sure why I liked them, maybe their big eyes.
The class focused on sponges and for this card we made a mask out of a large Post-it note and a circle punch.  We then used sponged to add Balmy Blue and Night of Navy ink to the masked off area.  The resulting circle sky is the perfect spotlight for our owl. 

You can see this in action by checking out the video below!




Product List

2 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set and you have made a very beautiful card with it. I am going to try making it! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!