Monday, July 9, 2012

Hybrid Cards



What is a Hybrid card?  A hybrid card is when you use some digital elements as well as real elements to create your project.  I needed a pre-school graduation card so I thought I would use the Storytime Collection to create the card.  This collection is just full of cute children images and all sorts of elements for school day projects.  I knew I wanted to make a hybrid card, I don't have any of the "real" storytime papers or stamp set, so I printed out the elements that I wanted to use on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  To get the correct size paper for my background I made a square punch into a rectangle size 5 1/4 by 4 inch, then filled it with the letter sampler paper. I don't have a photo quality printer at home, I just use my husbands multi function printer in his office but I think they turned out very nicely.  I then cut the elements out and made my card.

The Rr is actually a digital embellishment, but the is for reading is not.  I added a text box for the "is for" and used the color picker tool to match the color in the boy's book, then I made another text box for the "Reading". 







I wanted to test the size of the stamp and punch elements of the My Digital Studio Software so I made another hybrid card just for fun.  I have heard that the stamp sets, buttons, ribbons, punches, etc are "True to size" meaning that the digital ribbon, punch, button or whatever if used on your project and left the size it popped up on your screen, it will be the size of the real life object. This is great if you wanted to use a real paper punch to punch the object out, or if you wanted to layer a real ribbon or button on your project.  I used the Christmas Jingle paper to make the Christmas card.  I made this card in the same way I made the little boy card above.


Sure enough, the images fit the punch perfectly! YEA SU!
I see many hybrid cards in my future!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!