Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beautiful Butterflies

I love using this new Butterfly set with its matching punch.  It makes such pretty butterflies and a punch is so much better than having to cut them out.  I stamped three butterflies, and then used a sponge dauber to color them in.  I think this way of adding color makes the color very soft looking.  After adding the color, I punched them out.  Underneath each butterfly is a co-ordinating solid butterfly and antennae made from linen thread.  I completed the card with a bow made from Perfect Plum Taffeta Ribbon and a Vintage Faceted Designer Button.   






Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Saw your comment on Splitcoast Stampers so decided to give you a visit - what a beautiful card! The butterflies are so pretty.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE! Gorgeous!
    What ink did you use to stamp your butterflies with before daubering???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I used soft suede to ink the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty butterfly creation! Such soft and beautiful colors...thanks for playing along in our challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! These are absolutely stunning butterflies! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your butterflies may have to case for a class! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your SUO win! This card is definitely a winner! It's just beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!