Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Negative Space

I saw a few cards on Pinterest that used negative space for the design technique.  I thought they looked interesting and thought I would give them a try.  I used all new In-Color 2012-2014 colors for my cards.  They all start with the same base, a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 piece of card stock with a matching tone on tone piece 5 by 3 3/4inches.  I then cut 5 pieces of Whisper White 4 3/4 by 3 1/2.   I played around with some punches, sizzlits and framelits to make the negative space areas. 

















  I also added a scored border around the cards for some texture, and popped the white paper up with dimensionals.









6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love these!!! What a great idea. I can hardly wait to make some of these, I think they'd be an awesome Stamp-a-Stack. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this idea. I think it gives a nice clean look. Thanks for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. So simple yet so effective. I particularly love the Little Leaves card and the stars card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards! Thanks for sharing :) If you don't mind, I may CASE this idea for a future class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pinned your idea from Pinterest and will now be attempting my own set of cards. Thanks for sharing! I'll be linking back to you when I post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool cards! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!