Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bee Mine!

Another wrapped candy bar!  It's so fun to make little animals and things with paper punches.  This time I made a Bee.  This little bee is made from the ornament punch, the oval punch, and a 1" circle punch.  I punched out two ornament punches, one in Daffodil Delight and another in Basic Black.  I cut the black one into a few strips and added them to the yellow punch out. I made sure to make one of the strips line up with the point on the bottom of the ornament punch to highlight the stinger. 

I added a little bit of texture to the bee's wings by running it through an embossing folder that has little hearts on it.   This is a brand new embossing folder, featured in the new Occasions mini catalog.  It's called a "Textured Impressions Embossing Folder" and I am sure to be using them a lot in the coming months.  It is sold in a set of three for $8.95, and they are meant to add texture to the edges of your cards, or smaller things like my wings!  I also added a bit of glitter because, well just because.  Since I had my "Big Shot" out, I decided to cut out my letters too.  These letters are from a die called "Billboard".

This die has upper and lower case letters, all on one die, for $21.95.  I use it a lot in my scrapbooking. 
Here is a close up of the bee.
I hope you like today's project! 

1 comment:

  1. You are showing a die for 21.95 with upper and lower case letter. Can you share where you got this die, i sure would love to get one. And love your Bee card awesome..



Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!