Thursday, December 19, 2013

MDS Blog Hop!! December


Hi Everyone!  It is MDS Blog Hop time again!  In case this your first MDS Blog Hop I will tell you what it's all about!  A group of MDS lovers ( My Digital Studio) get together twice a month to showcase all the great things you can do with MDS.  We have linked our ten blogs together so that you can hop from one to the next and see all the fun projects.  The first hop of the month has a theme, the second hop of the month is "what we are working on".  So, here is what I am working on.....
Gift Certificates!  It is so easy to make business related items in My Digital Studio. I use it for flyers or posters, business cards and signs, and Gift Certificates!
I started with an 8 1/2 by 11 page. I added a rectangle punch for a frame and the text box for all the gift certificate details and grouped them together.  Next I copied and pasted two more onto the page.  I searched through my Christmas looking downloads and added some favorites to the certificates.  I made the middle one match my blog header.  Easy peasy!  And, I will save this document so that I can change it up if I need to ever make one that is not for Christmas.  Delete to trees and add some presents.   Change the string of light into a string of pennants.  Turn Santa Owl in to a birthday owl.  That is one of the great things about digital designing, the ability to change things up with just the click of a button!

Of course I had to make a holder for the Gift Certificates.  I recently received some really fun Christmas goodies from the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack, so that is what I used.  I love the Clearance Rack! Have you shopped it?  There are some great items on sale now!

I measured the gift certificate and added 1/2 inch to the length, doubled for the width, so I could fold it in half, and I added a inch for a flap to tuck the gift certificate in. 






Here is the front.  I used the stamp set "Color Me Christmas" and the Deco Lables Framelits.










But where will I get an envelope that size?  The Envelope Punch Board of course!  A steal at $19.95!















I used some 12 x 12 Cherry Cobbler paper and the fun Winter Snow Festival tags for the envelope.   Both from the Clearance Rack.






Now hop on over to the next blog on the MDS Blog Hop!  You will be heading over to Holly's Blog, where I am sure you will see something great!

http://createsomethingeveryday.blogspot.com/2013/12/mdsbh12-19.html
 
 


 

2 comments:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!