Thursday, December 4, 2014

MDS Blog Hop Christmas Projects




Hi Everyone!!  It is MDS Blog Hop time again!! We are celebrating Christmas projects this week!  I don't know about you but Christmas is really charging through isn't it?  I don't know how we are in December already! Did November seem like only a few days to you too?   But, here we are, it's December and Christmas is coming so it is time to "Deck the Halls"!  With that in mind I made a Faux Mixed Media wall art piece to hang up.  I call it "Faux" because normally there are layers of paper and paint, and I made mine digitally. 


I started by opening an 8 1/2 by 11 project and adding an 8 x 8 punch square, filled with some newsprint dsp as a background.  I then layered some brush stroke stamps from the Happy Watercolor stamp brush set.  I then looked through my Christmas stamps that were line art only.  I choose this tree from the Color me Christmas designer template download.  I wanted to make it look like I added a wash of "paint" behind the image like you would do in real mixed media drawing, so I used the "freeform" brush tool to add a wash behind the tree.  I Then made a text box on the bottom of the page to make my cut out letters.
I then printed out my page onto watercolor paper and colored in the tree with my Aqua painters.  I added some sequin garland for Holiday sparkle. After I painted the tree I cut apart my text and glued it on.   Here is what the print out looked like. 

















I also decided that I might as well make it smaller and create a matching card. I used the Rudolph image from the same download as well.


















  I cut the card fronts apart and painted them.  












I cut the words apart and glued them onto the card fronts.  Next I glued the card fronts onto a card base. My cards measure 4 1/4 by 4 1/4 square. 


I hope you think my hand painted cards and wall art are fun!  They were fun to make! 
Click on the Next button to see what the rest of the team has made. Holly is up next, I am sure you will love her project!  Hop all through the blog hop till you get back to where you started!  We hope you find some Christmas inspiration!!





3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I LOVE this!!! I think you should make one for me! lol!! I've got to try this - it's just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are super creative!! Love them Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES!!!!! Yes, I think I need these too!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!