Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Witches Broom

 
I made a bunch of these fun and easy Halloween treats this week.  I always have these little cello bags on hand, frankly I always have all the fun  SU cello bags on hand.  It's so easy to put together fun treats or party favors or little thank you's.  (there are some gusseted bags on the clearance rack right now by the way, a nice 5 x 3 x 11 1/2, great for Christmas cookies! 25 bags for $1.59)   These little skinny bags are fun with licorice, M&M's, pencils, or other skinny things.  I am not a fan of licorice, but I found Chocolate Twizzler's at Target the other day and knew I just had to make some witches brooms.   I made some a few years back and they were a big hit.  This year I added some new tags.  I saw an owl turned witch on SplitcoastStampers.com the other day, fun.  And we have a few fun Halloween themed stamps that worked great for the brooms as well. 
 
First I started with a piece of 5 1/2 by 2 1/4 cardstock in Crumb Cake, score at 1/2 inch.


I sponged the cardstock a bit, then cut fringes into the bottom, up to the score line. 
 I used glue dots to attach the paper to the cello bag.  Start off with one, then wrap a few times, add another glue dot, wrap some more, add a glue dot, wrap, add a glue dot at the end.


I used some retired black thread to tie around the broom. Bakers twine or linen thread would work great too. 
This witch is from the Halloween Hello stamp set. Here I embossed the witch on a Summer Starfruit, to look like she is flying in front of the moon.

On this one I used a mask to add a sponged moon behind the witch.
This bat was made with the butterfly punch and the scallop circle punch.

This hat is from the Best of Halloween stamp set.

Candy Corn and Pencils work great too!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!