Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ink and Watercolor wash


I take an art class on Tuesdays and this week we were working with ink drawings and adding a bit of watercolor wash to them. As I was working I so often think, "I wish I had a stamp for this" because while I love art class, I am not the best artist :)    Anyway, when I got home I thought I would look though my stamps and see if I had an that I thought would work nicely with this technique.  I didn't have any that I wanted to use but luckily I had these digital stamps and decided to use them.  I cut some Kraft paper into 8 1/2 by 11 so that it would fit in my printer and then I printed them out, slightly enlarged from their original size, a bonus with digital stamps :)  












I used my Aqua Painter and Baked Brown Sugar ink over the printed stamps.  You could do this with a non-digital stamp, but use Stazon ink so that your ink does not smear when you apply the wash.   The Tree image is available as a rubber stamp as well as a  Digital Image, it is from "Lovely as a tree."  The water pump is a digital stamp called "Countryside".
At the bottom of  this post I will add a table of other stamps that would be great for this technique.
















For this card I decided to use both Baked Brown Sugar and Old Olive ink.



















Paper button and some linen thread.
















I love the wood paper in the Adventure Bound paper stack, but the wood color was a bit too weathered for my Kraft cardstock, so I added some sponged Baked Brown Sugar to make it a better match.










I made a couple more but I haven't turned them into cards yet.  I think this technique is pretty simple and yet it has a really nice look to it.  Great for more masculine cards. 














Here is my art class drawing.  I didn't finish the pen during class so I brought it home.
















I added my wash with ink and my aqua painter, don't tell my art teacher, but I really love my aqua painter so much more than a regular paint brush.  :)















Supply list to try this with traditional stamps and ink...


Here are some other stamps that I think would be great with this technique






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!