Friday, November 13, 2015

Poinsettia from the Festive Flower Builder Punch

Wont this poinsettia look pretty on a package or a Christmas tree?  Maybe several of them around a centerpiece on your dining table?  On a wreath?  The answer is yes to all of those ideas and more!  And, at the time I am posting this, the Festive Flower Builder Punch is still on the weekly deals for just $13.50! 













It is really easy to make the flower.  I started by punching out a circle to lay the petals on.  I then punched out 12 of the largest petal, 6 of the medium and 2 of the small double petal.
On the first layer I placed two directly across from each other and then filled in the sides.  I used a Hot Glue gun to attach the petals.  You can use other glues but the Hot Glue dries really fast and it just makes things go so much faster.









The next layer uses the same size petal, this time I folded them in the center at the tip.  Place the petals in between the first layer.















The next layer is the medium petal and they go down just like the last layer, super easy.




















For the last layer of the double petals I just folded the petals in half, then layed them across each other, you can even add another set so make six petals but I thought this was a good place to stop.















The punch has these cute little x's for the center. I used gold glimmer paper for these.
















You can stop at just the Red petals or you can add some leaves with cardstock, ribbon or more glimmer paper as I did.  I colored my glimmer paper by sponging Mossy Meadow onto the petals.  I probably should have done a second coat to get a deeper green.












The leaves just get attached to the back of the flower and if you are going to hand this to your tree you could also attach a bit of gold cord too.   To clean up the back I also added another circle.










Browsing Pinterest the other day I saw some really pretty variations of this in silver and Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, and of course there is the gold one on the cover of the Holiday catalog.  The one on the cover uses an even bigger circle starting point and even more layers for a larger flower. 











Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!