Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grinch!

I have seen some really cute Grinches made from the 'Top Note Die', but I wanted something smaller.  I thought that the Curly Label punch is sort of like a mini Top Note, so why not a Curly Label punch Grinch?  Here he is, I hope you think he's cute.  I made him out of Lucky Limeade and Riding Hood Red.   Mr. Grinch uses quite a few punches.  The Santa hat is made from the Petite Pennant Punch, the Scallop Square Punch, and a retired punch that was called Triple Blossom, or something like that.  I forgot that the Triple Blossom was discontinued, or I would have used a similar punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  I like to use only current products on my blog in case someone is trying to recreate the project.  I want you to be able to get the products you need to make what you see. Luckily, just about any tiny flower would work.  I used the Scallop Square Punch to make the trim for the bottom of the hat.  In order to do this, I punched a strip 
from the square punch out of a scrap of Whisper White card stock.   You just need a little bit, so this is a great chance to use up those little strip of White.   Once you have your small bit of Square Scallop punched out, you need to put the punched out piece back into t he punch.  This is sort of hard the first time, but then it gets easy.  Line up the punched scallops with the ones on the punch, making small circles.  I don't know how to explain this for some reason.  I'm a visual person, so I'm hoping that this picture 

helps with my explanation.   If you find that your having a hard time getting that tiny piece into the punch correctly, you can use a bit of adhesive and stick the strip onto a bigger piece of thin paper, such as copy paper or something.  This way you have something to hang onto while placing the small piece back into the punch.  You can put the adhesive in a spot that's just going to get punched off anyway.  Clear as mud?   The eyes are just circle punches and then little strips of Early Espresso for those menacing eyebrows.   I layered it all onto a large Scallop Circle and put it all onto a candy bar wrapped in Lucky Limeade Designer Series Paper.   I made the tag from a stamp set called Punch Pals, which co-ordinates with the Tag Punches.    Here are my other Candy Bar Creations.
Thank you for stopping by!!

8 comments:

  1. FABULOUS - you have his expression down....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the link to your blog from Krafting with Karen and had to check it out. Thanks for the explanation on how you punched the hat trim. I'm following you now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this! Thank you for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What candy did you use for these cuties??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I RECENTLY SAW THIS POEM TO GO WITH MR GRINCH uSE GREEN SMARTIES OR JELLY BEANS FOR THE TREAT.

    Feelin kinda "grouchy"
    Holiday spirit can't be found
    Just try these little "Grinch Pills"
    They're the best medicine around.
    Whether eating a whole handful,
    Or just munching one or two,
    These tasty lil pills
    take the GRINCH right outta you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wondering what size candy and what kind of candy you used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can this be any cuter? Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!