Friday, October 21, 2011

More Pink!

The Hope You Can Cling To campaing releases new challenges each day, and I am trying to keep up! The challenges are great for me because I am trying new tecniques and using color combinations and stamp sets that I haven't used in a while.  Today's cards are for the Paper Embellishments only challenge, and the sketch challenge. 

 This card features a quote from Hellen Kellar "Life is either a Daring Adventure, or Nothing".  For my paper embellishments I rolled strips of paper into little flowers, and added a grean leaf.  I used my markers to ink up the stamp so that I could highlight the different words in the quote.
 
The second card is for the sketch challenge.  I rarely make square cards, so this was a treat for me.  I used the "rock and roll" tecnique on the flowers of this card.  With the Rock and Roll tecnique, you stamp the image in the lighter color (in this case Regal Rose), and then roll the edges of the stamp image in the darker color (Rose Red used here). I then cut them out and added them to the card with dimensional stickers.  Both cards used Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Early Espresso, with a tiny bit of Old Olive as an accent.  I really like this color combination. 
 














Thank you for stopping by! Hope you were inspired to create something today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!