Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Grandma's Christmas Gift

I  have been working on finishing up a photo book for my grandmother.  I put together lots of old family photos that my mother compiled for Grandma's  90th birthday, as well as new photos of the Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren.  I am using Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio software.  There is so much in this software.  It has photo editing and tons of Stampin' Up! stamp art work and Designer Series Paper.  Almost too much to choose from.  On my first attempt at this  project I added just about everything but the kitchen sink.  This time around I choose just a few colors and stamp brush sets, as well as a select few embellishments.  This is going to be the cover page.  It is my favorite of  the old black and white photos.  That is my Grandpa and Grandma. 
This is another page.  I used the same colors and stamp brush set as on the cover.  This is my Great-Grandparents on my mothers side.  You have to love that picture of Anne Gibson in all her finery, just come from Ireland.
Here is another page.  Grandma is the little flower girl on the right.  My finished book has 24 pages.
I really enjoy looking at these old photos.  I have to admit, at first I was reluctant to try the digital scrapbooking.  I wanted REAL paper, REAL textures.  I still do love all that!  And I still do make real pages, but digital scrapbooking has helped me to do bigger projects, and in a shorter amount of time.  You can add a stamp or delete a stamp with the click of a button.  And, I am going to  have the book professionally printed with a nice hard photo cover.  
Hope you got some inspriration from todays project. 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!